• 오늘의 동영상
  • Home > 온라인강좌 > 오늘의 동영상    
글제목
 Should You Quit Your Job?
작성자
 이** (jean)
글내용

Description:

During the pandemic, American workers quit their jobs in record numbers. But a new poll finds that some of them wish they’d stayed put. Of 2,000 workers surveyed, one in five regrets leaving their old job, and one-third are already searching for a new job. Madelyn Machado left her job as a recruiter at Microsoft for a new role at Meta. Her salary went up significantly, but the new gig wasn’t what she had expected. After five months, she quit. 

Transcription:

Steve Fabian: Turns out the grass isn't always greener .During the pandemic, American workers quit their jobs in record numbers to find better pay, hours and flexibility. But a new poll shows many of them wish they'd stayed put. Of 2,000 workers surveyed, one in five regrets leaving their old job, and one-third are already searching for a new one. 32-year-old Madeline Machado was a recruiter at Microsoft, but left to work for Meta formerly known as FACEBOOK. Madeline Machado: “I am getting my notice today guys. “ Steve Fabian: Her salary went from $135,000 to $185,000. But the new gig wasn't what she expected. Madeline Machado: “The impact was a lot less um… that I had at Microsoft, so I did feel like I was a little bait-and-switch there. I also was told I was going to be a lead and when I got there I was not a lead. “ Steve Fabian: After five months she was so unhappy that she quit. Madeline Machado: “I went back with my tail tucked between my legs and was like, ‘Please can I come back?’" But Microsoft turned her down. We ask “Shark Tank” star Barbara Corcoran about how to make sure the job you're leaving for is better than the one you already have. Barbara Corcoran: “The control is in the hands of the worker, and it's been ripped from the hands of the employer. When you go in for a job interview, you're the one doing the interview,” Steve Fabian: That means, you should be the one asking the tough questions. Like, when you first started, what was the most unexpected part of the job? And don't make any decisions over zoom asked to shadow another employee for a day. As for Maddie, she ended up at Linkedin in a job she says she loves. Barbara Corcoran: “ If there is that regret in an individual, it's a great job market. There's two jobs for every one person so they could just hop on to the next job. “ 

Questions: 

1. Why American workers quit their jobs during the pandemic? 

2. Thoroughly explain who is Madeline Machado?

3. Specify how to make sure the job you're leaving for is better than the one you already have according to Barbara Corcoran.

작성일자
2022-04-08 오후 12:21:15
첨부파일
Uploaded File : 20220408122138_6JN5Y.jpg